Every component in you computer relies on the PSUs for power, and if you cheap out – you could end up bricking your entire system. Your PSU plays a big part in determining reliability, so you have to be careful when it comes to picking the right one for your machine. There’s nothing worse than a failing PC power supply believe me. No one wants to burn their house down just to save a couple dollars just a get best power supply according to your budget.
There’s a wide range of PC power supplies available right now at many Pakistani hardware shops but choosing between them can be a challenge for our Pakistani folks. i’ll try to cover each and everything in this guide . These PSU’s are easily available in Pakistan. i’ll start this guide from lower range to maximum range of PSU’s. But first of all you need to understand, What to consider when choosing a power-supply? Let’s begin! 😉
How Much Power is required
First of first When buying a PSU it is very important to be aware of your system’s power consumption and to consider of any forthcoming planned upgrades, to stay future proof we would recommend to get atleast 10% wattage of power-supply over what the recommendation. As it is said above it depends on your need. For the gamers and overclockers atleast 650W is a good idea given the power needs for the high end components.
- Starting from Efficiency that simply means how much power it is pulling from your main power of the house from the wall and how well the PSU converts it into direct current (DC). There are 6 levels of 80 PLUS efficiency so it’s must choosing right power efficiency power-supply according to your daily workload.
- Base Level: Between 80% and 82%.
- Bronze: Between 83% and 85%.
- Silver: Between 85% and 88%.
- Gold: Between 88% and 92%.
- Platinum: Between 92% and 94%.
- Titanium: The highest 80 PLUS rating; any power supply that operates at 95% or above efficiency.
|PPG – PSU GUIDE 2018|
|Output Range||Performance Option||Where to Buy?|
| 400 Watts (Entry Level)|
Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 400W
|500 Watts (Entry Level – Midrange)|
Antec VP500PC 500 Watts Power Supply
|Rs. 5100 – 5300||Pakdukan Czone PCFanatics|
|600W – 650W (High Range)|
Antec Neo Eco 650 80+ Bronze Semi Modular
|Rs. 8,300. – 8,900.||Pakdukan Czone PCFanatics|
|750W (Enthausiast Gold Range)|| |
Corsair RMx Series™ RM750x
|Rs. 16,000. – 16,300.||Pakdukan Czone PCFanatics|
1200W (Enthausiast Platnium Range)
Corsair HXi Series HX1200i
|Rs. 32,000. – 35,000.||Czone PCFanatics|
PPG Recommendations for the Best PSU for Gaming
These PSU’s are easily available in Pakistan local stores but there is something for everyone when it comes to purchasing the best power supplies.
- For the E-sport or early budget builders Antec VP500 Watts is the PSU all you need and stick future-proof as well so you can upgrade to mid-range cards later.
- For the mid-range gamers Antec Neo Eco 650 80+ Bronze Semi Modular provides exceptional performance for its price with it’s semi-modular choice and using 100% Japanese capacitors.
- For the High-end gaming machines Corsair RMx Series™ RM750x is a great choice over-all and for overclockers as well.
- For Ultra High-end gaming machines or Workstations Corsair HXi Series HX1200i is by far the most powerful piece of machinery with its 80+ Platinum Efficiency certification, cool running status, and 10-year warranty.
It would be silly to say that this is an end-all-be-all list of power supplies available in PAKISTAN 🙁 . There are simply too many great options on the market. However this guide will help you make choosing a quality power supply for your next build that much easier. No matter what type of gamer you are, you’re always going to need a good power-supply if you want to have the ultimate gaming experience without shortening the life of your computer.